Over 2 million pounds of Oscar Mayer turkey bacon have been recalled after consumer complaints started piling up.
Apparently, people were getting sick after eating the meat, so Kraft Heinz, Oscar Mayer’s parent company, issued the recall on Tuesday. CNBC explains:
Kraft Heinz, the parent company of Oscar Mayer, issued the recall Tuesday because some products may be “adulterated” and would therefore spoil before their “best when used by” dates.
The industry giant discovered the problem following “spoilage-related consumer complaints,” including reports of “illness related to the consumption of these products,” according an alert issued on the company’s behalf by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service rated the recall a Class II, which acknowledges that there is a “remote probability of adverse health consequences from the use of the product.”
The 2,068,467 pounds of turkey bacon being recalled was produced between May 31 and August 6 and had been exported nationwide as well as to the Bahamas and St. Martin.
Products included certain items in the “Selects—Uncured Turkey Bacon” and “Smoked Cured Turkey Chopped and Formed” ranges.
We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you might want to put down the bacon until further notice.
SOURCE: CNBC | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
14 Celebrity Foodies With Yummy Instagrams
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Chrissy Teigen is the real MVP when it comes to keeping John Legend satisfied in the kitchen.
1 of 11
2. Pie anyone? Lauren Conrad's collection of sweets belong on a Pinterest board.
2 of 11
3. Tia Mowry now has her own cooking show, so you know she throws down amazing meals for her family.
3 of 11
4. June Ambrose continues to amaze us with #rockmomcookingchronicles.
4 of 11
5. When Aziz Ansari's mom comes to town, it's homemade Indian cuisine for all.
5 of 11
6. Questlove is so much of a foodie, he even made an Instagram account solely to showcase his meals. Who knew?
6 of 11
7. If you aren't already following Kelis on Instagram, you're missing out.
7 of 11
8. 2 Chainz may not prepare his own meals, but his personal chef's got it all covered.
8 of 11
9. With three young children, Kourtney Kardashian has mastered the adorable breakfast treats.
9 of 11
10. Cooking with Zac Posen.
10 of 11
11. "Grey's Anatomy" star Jessie Williams offers us regular #FoodPorn on his Instagram.
11 of 11